Around the world in August and September 2011

Whilst on my latest travel adventure I will endeavour to keep a visual and written record of what I'm up to by posting daily - including three photos taken (roughly) at morning, noon and night!

Friday 26 August 2011

Not your typical English


Morning

















To tell you the truth I was kind of hoping to capture a typical English motorway in this shot - that is bumper to bumper barely moving traffic. The M1 on Friday morning was however, clear and Fiona and I zoomed down toward central London. She dropped me at Wembly Park tube and made her way to work, commuting can be painless (sometimes, maybe, probably not very often).


















Noon


A spot of shopping later I met Susan for lunch where we concocted the plan to go to Shoreditch House (a private club of which she is a member) earlier than we were to meet her friend to swim in the roof top pool it was, in contrast to the previous day, sunny so we got a little excited. I was to go back to her place to pack the swimming gear and was given an extra set of large keys to complete the task, wearing them as earrings seemed the obvious thing to do.


















Night


The non-descript street which Shoreditch House is on.












































A couple of photos I took in the area while waiting for Susan to meet me at Shoreditch House. I couldn't take photos inside but the view from the rooftop back over London was spectacular. It is also quite a rarity to have an open (not under cover) swimming pool on a London roof top and the weather be nice enough that we could actually use it (pool temp 29 degrees)! After a couple of cocktails poolside, Leah arrived and we ate dinner in one of the restaurants downstairs. It wasn't a late night but still a relief to change from heels to flat shoes on the train home.




No comments:

Post a Comment