Around the world in August and September 2011

Whilst on my latest travel adventure I will endeavour to keep a visual and written record of what I'm up to by posting daily - including three photos taken (roughly) at morning, noon and night!

Tuesday 16 August 2011

New Improved Post. Now with 100% more photos!

As a way of overcoming my photo upload problems if only temporarily I'm using Susan's laptop in order to get some photos on this blog, it is after all the point!

So here goes for Monday August 15 2011...

Morning
Sisters Road, Clapham

A sunny morning (now just look at that blue sky!) was a great opportunity to stretch those cabin cramped legs for a run on Clapham Common. This is taken outside Susan's house where I am staying (although Dad you've probably already looked it up on google street view). What always amazes me running in London (as opposed to at 5.30am in Alice Springs) is that no matter what time of day it is, there are always others running. It wasn't my best effort but made my roast pork and apple sauce roll from Borough Market at lunch all the more delicious.

Noon
Debenhams window, Clapham Junction

Ok, so I'm breaking the rules already. There is more than one photo here for noon, but they are at least all taken at the same place. They are of the boarded up windows of Debenhams department store following last weeks youth riots. Quite an entertaining read, it is nice to see that not everyone in London thinks they deserve something for nothing. Other shops in the vicinity with boarded windows include a Curry's Digital, Pizza Shop and Chemist. Susan said they burnt down the costume hire shop, which may inconvenience her next time she has a dress up party to go to.

Yep, yoga ought to save them all!


I just like the way this lady's dress matches the colours of the brooms


Debenhams windows, Clapham Junction, artwork on brown paper stuck to boards.
and the humour/irony of this persons take on it all (Jeff, clever graffitti!), if you can't see, the hoody is making off with classic literature.

Later in the afternoon
Ok so I fail again. This image is not strictly 'night' in fact it is most definitely afternoon. If you are desperate to know what I did last night I cooked dinner for Susan, her boyfriend and her housemate, we ate on the couch and watched bad telly, now I'm not saying these people aren't photogenic just that the wine made me forget to grab the camera.

Tate Modern Gallery, London

I visited Tate Modern in the afternoon and for the first time in what must be four or five visits actually paid to see the visiting exhibition (the rest of the collection is free), partly in defiance to my previous poverty stricken London existence and partly because I am interested in the art of Joan Miro. It was worthwhile but busy, I'm still adjusting to crowds, baby steps.






No comments:

Post a Comment