Around the world in August and September 2011

Whilst on my latest travel adventure I will endeavour to keep a visual and written record of what I'm up to by posting daily - including three photos taken (roughly) at morning, noon and night!

Friday 26 August 2011

Gum trees on the beach

Morning
So you may be noticing that a whole week of the blog is being published at once. This is because I've had a lot of trouble with WiFi access in Spain. I am writing this from a cafe and my iPad says I have full connectivity but won't connect to the Internet. It is probably something I am not doing right but the irony is, apple help is of course online....

Noon
Gum Trees on the beach!
Working out





We figure it is because the sand here is more like dirt that eucalyptus trees are able to grow right on the beach. The beach is at San Pedro a little up the coast with a much more relaxed vibe than Marbella or Porto Banus. Exercise equipment was also a feature and Susan and I had a real workout, earning our lunch on the beach and a tough afternoon on the sun lounges.


Night
Marbella old town with it's narrow streets and window flower boxes gave me a taste of actual Spain, even if our dinner was spoiled by a very loud English woman. The 'degustation' menu may have been a mistake, whilst the tomato bread and fish skewer were delicious, I can't see what the chef EVER thought was appealing about zucchini and tropical fruits in jelly, it is not often that I can't physically eat something but this was one such occasion.


Narrow Street in Marbella Old Town
Susan's and her boutique (apologies for poor quality of photograph)


4 comments:

  1. Looks like the Cowell flats in a drought

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deeply offended by caption on last photo. I can't help that I'm unphotogenic....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not you it's your ugly shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't be Cowell flats the trees are way too tall!

    ReplyDelete