Around the world in August and September 2011

Whilst on my latest travel adventure I will endeavour to keep a visual and written record of what I'm up to by posting daily - including three photos taken (roughly) at morning, noon and night!

Friday 26 August 2011

Here comes the sun! (or more 'sun here we come')

Morning




Inconvenient yes, but walking down to Clapham Junction station, with our luggage, in the pouring rain, somehow made the fact that we were headed to Gatwick Airport, to fly to sunny Spain, more exciting, satisfying even. Knowing we were going to enjoy six days of warmth helped when a puddle was stepped in or I realised our luggage was sodden.


Night
A holiday from my holiday! I love arriving at a new destination at night, not knowing what you will discover when you wake up the next morning. Surviving our Easyjet flight to Malaga we were met by a man from the car hire company who handed over the keys to our 'Ibiza' (close but not quite) and Susan skillfully drove us (I skillfully navigated) down past Marbella to our home for the week near Puerto Banus. A late lite dinner (we discovered how grumpy I get when I'm really hungry), with a bottle of Rose, signaling the true start of relaxation Costa Del Sol style!

No comments:

Post a Comment