Around the world in August and September 2011

Whilst on my latest travel adventure I will endeavour to keep a visual and written record of what I'm up to by posting daily - including three photos taken (roughly) at morning, noon and night!

Monday 15 August 2011

Doing Lines

The British love to queue, I should have been grateful for the authenticity of the experience as I wound around 8 laps of ropes to get to the immigration counter. It was great to have been on an A380 for my Singapore to London leg (the seats really are more comfortable!) but a bigger plane of course means more people, hence the lengthy wait to be admitted into the United Kingdom. Susan was there to meet me on the other side and we were able to catch up and see the sites (literally most of London's landmarks) as we attempted to cross south of the River Thames. A major cycling race had caused major road closes and the traffic control staff were less than knowledgeable and helpful only to the point of communicating their lack of knowledge.

At 8pm the sleepiness caught me and it was a treat to be in bed by half past. Yes there is a lack of images again accompanying this post, we'll blame it on technology and the jetlag.

No comments:

Post a Comment