Around the world in August and September 2011

Whilst on my latest travel adventure I will endeavour to keep a visual and written record of what I'm up to by posting daily - including three photos taken (roughly) at morning, noon and night!

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Back on top with a better bottom

Morning

Take off those toning shoes, step off the stair master, purchase these pants (in a choice of colours) from San Pedro markets and instantly improve your rear assets! Note. Does not come with cellulite free thighs.

Noon

Hitting the beach for one last time I was quite impressed with my progress reading the lengthy novel Anna Karenina. That is until Susan asked me where I was up to and I told her that Anna had just told her husband of her affair with Vronsky. She said that was where you said you were up to yesterday. Turns out I'd spent the afternoon reading 70 odd pages on the intricacies of Russian farming in the 1870's. Tolstoy - I'm sure he gets there in the end!

Night

When in Rome...ok so we weren't in Rome but as Marbella is a party hotspot we thought we'd embrace this culture on our last night and booked a table for dinner at the Nikki Beach Club. Delicious food - tick, camp waiter sashaying in culottes - tick, Kid Creole & the Coconuts entertaining the crowd with tropical tunes & back up dancers - tick, mum dancing - tick, DJ set by Sophie Ellis-Baxter and her husband - tick, going to bed only 3.5 hours before having to get up, pack, clean, drive, catch a flight - tick.

No comments:

Post a Comment