Around the world in August and September 2011

Whilst on my latest travel adventure I will endeavour to keep a visual and written record of what I'm up to by posting daily - including three photos taken (roughly) at morning, noon and night!

Friday 23 September 2011

Times Square - not for epileptics

Morning

Morning image 1
Morning image 2
Morning image 3

Ever want to experience extreme visual overload? Crowd rage? A feeling that perhaps flashing lit up signs will not advance humanity? Come to Times Square for all this and much, much, more!

My morning began much more sedately than the extreme screaming advertising of Times Square, I went for a run in Central Park followed by the best bagel I have ever eaten from Murray's Bagels, both simple yet pleasing activities.

Noon
Noon image 1


Whether I was still a little overstimulated after Times Square I'm not sure but I felt the need to take in the MoMA at a leisurely pace which i ensured by a glass of wine with lunch from the fifth floor restaurant. As you can see from the photographs, I was also drawn to a big, calm, white, billowy curtain. Sometimes less is definitely more.




Night



Three days walking around this city have taken their toll and the night was spent nursing my blisters and taking it easy. The photo was taken on my way back to the hotel - a subway entrance, steam and my favourite building in the background (Chrysler Building).

No comments:

Post a Comment