Around the world in August and September 2011

Whilst on my latest travel adventure I will endeavour to keep a visual and written record of what I'm up to by posting daily - including three photos taken (roughly) at morning, noon and night!

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Oh my! What good english you have?

Morning

Morning image 1

Morning image 2

Taking Raleigh for her longest cruise yet, I headed to The Mahon Point Farmers Market where I used to work, to catch up with my ex employer and see if any of the rest of the stall holders remembered me. 

Noon

I went to see a doctor for a minor health query/check/put my mind at ease appointment (which you may hear about further later in this blog). The appointment was very quick and I said to the receptionist on the way out that I might just be their briefest patient on record (or not actually on record as she hadn't entered my details in yet), explaining that I didn't live in Cork but was just visiting friends from when I did live in Ireland two years previous. She commented "well yes you have very good English", which I let slide. She then asked which country I was from originally and when I replied "Australia" the poor woman looked most embarrassed. A classic case of the trouble being an exotic name imposter brings me.

Night

Night image here

"A pint is it? Well sure I'll just have the one."

I cannot drink Murphy's stout in many other places around the world so it was paramount that I 'maketh hay whilst the sun shineth'. Also when/where else could I see the band The Trans Fatty Acids play? Young skinny guys without haircuts at their best!

No comments:

Post a Comment