Around the world in August and September 2011

Whilst on my latest travel adventure I will endeavour to keep a visual and written record of what I'm up to by posting daily - including three photos taken (roughly) at morning, noon and night!

Saturday 3 September 2011

Goodbye London, hello Cork

Morning
My final morning in London was spent having breakfast with Meika at a cafe at the end of the street. It feels so much like I've settled in during my two stints in London that it doesn't sink in that once I leave I don't know when I'll be back.

Noon
Oh how times have changed! After searching for how I could travel to Heathrow Airport via public transport and being told by the TFL (transport for London) website that it would involve overground trains, a bus and underground trains, meaning A LOT of lugging of my luggage (although it seems this is what it was meant for and I AM getting quite good at it), I took a taxi. A fitting end to my non-povo trip to London.

Night
I must say that on the plane to Cork (Ireland) it was really sinking in just how much travel I am fitting in to this six weeks and how being on the plane is a necessary step to mentally prepare for the next leg. I was also nervous about returning to Cork, when I'd left two years before, it was under emotional circumstances.




Expecting everything to be just the same I went to my favorite pub where the same two musicians have played every Monday night for years, only this Monday they were playing a wedding instead. At least the Murphys was still good, I got along with my ex boyfriend's girlfriend and Aaron still eats biscuits (although he used to wash them down with tea rather than cider).

No comments:

Post a Comment