Around the world in August and September 2011

Whilst on my latest travel adventure I will endeavour to keep a visual and written record of what I'm up to by posting daily - including three photos taken (roughly) at morning, noon and night!

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Yellow, cake, love

Morning

Morning image 1
Morning image 2

Whilst in Cork I am staying with Shane and Jerry (part staffy, part seal) up on a steep hill on the edge of town. A couple of days before I arrived Shane had an unfortunate accident. While cycling with a hangover and distracted by removing his shorts from his most secret spot, he crashed breaking his collarbone and grazing his forehead. The upside in coordination terms are his yellow bruised shoulder now matches his yellow bike, also he has been able to get back in good 'couch sitting' form. He kept apologising for being Ireland's most boring host but I very much enjoyed his company AND he cooked me potatoes.

Noon

Noon image 1

My friend Marianne has had a very busy couple of years and was busy printing work for a show in Austria. She is a print artist and had recently been commissioned to produce artwork for a window display at Brown Thomas (Ireland's premier department store).

Noon image 2

I had been very disappointed on my first visit to Charlie's Bar that, standing in my usual place up the back near the men's toilets I couldn't smell the familiar odour of urinal cake. When stopping in for a couple of cheeky afternoon ciders Eimear was kind enough to let me get my fix and even restocked the gents so when I returned later that night it was all pine-o-lemon fresh to cut through the smell of stout flatulence and stale urine.

Night

Night image here

This photo I title 'Young love in an Irish night club'. You may assume that there was kissing and fondling taking place that was unable to be captured in the photograph, you would assume wrong! They were simply sitting motionless holding on to each other - true love or one too many?

No comments:

Post a Comment